The Inglewood War Memorial is located on a grassy knoll in front of City Hall’s Manchester entrance. The memorial consists of an obelisk and flag court. Engraved on the middle stone panel of the obelisk is the following:
"To keep forever living the freedom for which they died. We dedicate this memorial to our dead in World War II, Korea and Vietnam."
Names of service veterans are on the plinth. A stone eagle, the American symbol for bravery, watches over a relief of a sword and wreath, western symbols of lives lost in combat. Inglewood residents served their country in war. The City holds a rededication ceremony at the memorial every year on Memorial Day.
The Obelisk was originally erected by the Junior Chamber of Commerce in 1947 in Grevillea Mall across from Inglewood High School. It was moved to its present location in 1970.